There is no denying that frozen yoghurt is an extremely delicious treat, especially on a hot summers day.
But when you are trying to watch what you eat and reduce your intake of high sugar processed foods, it quickly gets added to the list of items to be consumed in moderation.
Well if you are anything like me and love frozen yoghurt then you are in luck! As this week I have a recipe I have been trying out that is not only delicious, but also high in protein and nutritious at the same time.
Making it perfect for anything from a healthy snack, a after dinner dessert or even a post work out meal.
The recipe below is for a strawberry and banana flavour, but you can easily change it up with whatever fruits and protein powder you desire.
- 1 Tub Greek yoghurt (amount depends on how much you want too make)
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of strawberries
- 20-40g strawberry protein powder or flavour of your choice
- Mix the Greek yoghurt, a handful of strawberries, half a banana and a scoop of protein powder in a blender until smooth
- Taste and add more of any of the ingredients as required
- Place in a sealed freezable container and freeze for 4-5 hours
- For a smoother texture remove from the freezer every hour or so and blend again. Doing so removes any build up of ice
- Serve with fresh straeberries and banana slices if desired
This really is a delicious recipe for a healthy frozen yoghurt. What other ingredients or flavours can you think of trying?